I was very impressed with this month’s Ipsy bag! The theme is “Floral Fantasy” and the bag certainly fits the theme. It’s so cute and springy. I also really like the contents as well. This month I got:
1. Nyx Butter Lipstick in “Pops”- This is a perfect color for me and I was nervous about the lip product after last months gloss. It’s very similar to “Brave” by MAC but with a glossier finish. Love it.
2. Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow in “Fifty Shades”- This is a really pretty color. I wasn’t super thrilled at first. There was also a copper shade option and I was hoping for that one. But I was pleasantly surprised with the shade I got. It’s more grey than silver and has a really pretty shimmery finish.
3. Evelyn Iona Cosmetics Concealer – Luckily this concealer is a good shade for me to spot treat with but it won’t work for everyone. The coverage is lighter than I typically like but it’s still a nice product.
4. Dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More, Anti-Aging Mattifying Lotion – I’ve seen this before and have been wanting to try it but didn’t purchase. I was really happy to get this in my bag and I can’t wait to try it.
5. Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Cream Oil – I love a good frizz fighting styling product. In past bags I’ve gotten texturizers and volumizers but I have plenty of that naturally on my dry, frizzy, curly/wavy hair. This smells really nice and I think it will help for days when I feel like heat styling.
I think this was a pretty great bag!
Ipsy Offer: It Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Palette
This was on the Ipsy site on sale and I jumped on it. I love blush and palettes so…this is pretty great for me. The blush is a gorgeous color and the bronzer isn’t too orange and I love that both are matte. The color correcting powder didn’t have much of an effect for me. I like the texture of it and it worked really nicely to set my concealer. I didn’t use it all over so maybe that’s why I didn’t notice anything. But overall I’m really pleased with this purchase.
I will get one more ipsy bag for this year. I decided to cancel it to try something different. I would love your advice. I’m thinking of doing either Glossybox or BoxyCharm. What do you guys think? Have you tried either one?