Continuing with the Top 5 Theme: Red Lipsticks. On a day to day basis I tend to go far more neutral but when I want to punch it up with a classic red, these are my top choices.
- Revlon “Fire and Ice” – This shade has been a staple since the 50s and for good reason. It’s a beautiful, creamy slightly orange toned red. I normally lean more towards blue toned reds but there’s something so SO flattering about this color. It really is a classic red. I like wearing this with some black liquid liner and LOTS of mascara for the full vintage effect.
- Too Faced “Melted Strawberry” – When I first got this I thought that it wouldn’t suit me but as soon as I put it on I was a changed woman. It is such a flattering shade of red. Very bright and perfect for summer. It’s not matte but it is very long wearing. This is also a great range and I have 4 other colors…I have a problem…
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain “Always Red”– These have gotten a lot of hype in the beauty world but once you try these, you’ll know why. They are matte, comfortable, SUPER long wearing and this shade is the perfect neutral, true red. Go and get it now.
- Colour Pop “Peacocky” – This is from the sheer range so I call this one my “daytime” red. It can go on sheer for a hint of red or be built up for full impact. I love that it’s glossy (not something I normally look for in a bright) and it also smells really good.
- MAC “Brave Red” – This was my very first MAC lipstick. This one is also a very true red. It’s a bit deeper than the others; sort of a brick red. It’s a cremesheen finish so it’s very comfortable. It’s not the longest wearing but it is incredibly flattering.
The Nars Matte Lip Pencil in ‘Cruella’ and ‘Dragon Girl’ are both on my list as well as MAC ‘Ruby Woo’.
What are your Top 5 Reds?