Eyeshadow palettes have to be my guiltiest make up pleasure. I have more than anyone would ever need (because I’m crazy) but I can’t help it. They’re just so pretty. I try and give my palettes equal love and rotate them or use a different’ on every time I do my make up. But when I’m in a rush or I’m not sure what I want, I go for one of these 5.
- Urban Decay Naked – I’m sure this is at the top of many many lists but I mean…look at it? It’s a neutral make up lover’s heaven in a palette. I don’t think I need to go too deep into this one. It’s just great.
- Lorac Pro – This is also a pretty perfect palette. I love that it has an equal amount of mattes and shimmers. You can get so many looks from this palette. It’s a great all around palette. I love using the shade ‘Pewter’ on it’s own for a fun smoky look.
- IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty – This is a great mostly matte palette. The mattes have more of a satin quality and you can also layer the shimmer shade to change the look of the shades. I love how versatile it is and I love how easy the shades are to blend.
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar – It smells like chocolate. I mean…it smells like chocolate. The fact that the shadows are so great is like a happy bonus. But there is a great range of shades in this palette. I don’t often go for really bright colors so the deep burgundy and plum shades are a good way for someone like me to experiment with color without going too crazy. Did I mention it smells like chocolate?
- MAC Custom Palette – This one is a bit of a cheat since it’s not a pre-made palette. But this one has some of my all time favorite shadows in it. I reach for this all the time when I need a transition shade that I can’t find in another palette (‘Cork’) or for a simple one shadow look (‘All That Glitters’, ‘Sable’, ‘Woodwinked’). I also have a few fun shades in here that are fun for a night out (‘Star Violet’ ‘Club’). If MAC is a bit overwhelming, I recommend the Warm Neutrals Palette (or the Cool Neutrals Palette if that’s more your style). The Warm Neutrals is a great pre-made palette and offers a great selection of their shadows. I did a post about my MAC palette that you can check out here.
What are your go to palettes? Any that I should add to my ever growing list?