I am obsessed with blush. I mean, I hoard everything makeup related. But blush holds a special place in my heart. It just gives your face life and can add such a beautiful touch to any look. I. Am. Obsessed.
I did a different Blush Tag a while ago but I loved the questions for this tag as well. Let’s just jump right in!
- Best Packaging: For me this has to go to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes. They are so sleek and shiny and pretty. They also close securely which is a plus if you take it travelling. It’s a bonus that the actual blush itself is so beautiful as well.
- Prettiest Color: This one goes to the Cargo Powder Blush in Mendocino. I don’t use this nearly enough but it’s so beautiful. It’s described as a shimmering berry and I have to say that is spot on. It’s a great color for fall. There’s something really unique about this one. It’s almost like a berry version of Nars’s Orgasm. I love the shimmer; it’s not too chunky. It super pigmented but applies really well. I need to get more of these blushes.
- Most Pigmented: Hands down, Nars Dolce Vita is the winner here. I have to use a VERY light hand and sometimes it can still be too much. It’s a really beautiful color and holy crap does it pack a punch!
- Everyday Blush: This one goes to the Balm’s Balm Beach. This is the perfect neutral pink shade. It’s matte so it pairs well with a highlight and it just looks so natural and pretty. It’s new to my collection but I’ve been wearing it a ton!
- Party Blush: I think this was meant for you to choose a wild color (?) but I chose the one that I tend to wear the most on my nights out. Benefit’s Rockateur is a really good one. It’s a beautiful shimmery rose gold shade and looks awesome with a smoky eye (which is my go to party look). I love that I don’t have to use a separate highlight if I don’t want to. It’s such a pretty shade.
- Regret Purchasing: Without a doubt the Kat Von D Shade and Light Blush in Piaf and Poe. These aren’t even available anymore and it’s not because they were limited edition. These were so disappointing. Kat Von D’s eyeshadows are so amazing and the contour kit is so amazing. Her old formula of blushes were AMAZING. These were dry and patchy and just not pigmented. I have 2 and I never ever use them. Such a bummer.
- Least Used: The Urban Decay Afterglow Blush in Rapture. It’s a GORGEOUS muted deep mauve color. It has a beautiful sheen to it and it’s so pigmented and blends like a dream. But the color pulls quite purple on me. I don’t hate it in the least but it’s out of my comfort zone. Gotta give this one more playtime in the fall and winter.
- Most Used/ Would never let go of: Tarte Exposed. Easy. It’s neutral and perfect and goes with every look. Plus, it lasts all day. Bonus.
- Favorite Blush Brand: It’s gotta be Tarte. I know this list covers a lot of different brands and I didn’t want to repeat too many. Tarte has a beautiful range of shades and finishes. They apply beautifully and last really well on my oily skin.
- Greatest Blush Discovery of the last year: I think this is about your favorite new product? Maybe? Well that’s how I answered it. And it’s gotta be the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blushes. I got the shade Camellia and it’s so stunning. The shimmer is more than I’d normally go for but it’s just so stunning. I love this shade and it makes for a great 2 in 1 highlight/blush. There are a lot of shimmery blushes but there’s something really special about these ones.
- Most Practical: I’m going with the Benefit Cheekathon Palette but I could have gone with a lot of blush palettes. I think they’re great. They offer a lot of options in a compact package. The Cheekathon comes with a bronzer and 4 blushes and there is a great variety of shades. I love blush palettes for the variety so I think they’re super practical to have in your collection especially if you’re just starting out. Nars always comes out with great ones during the holidays.
- Least Practical: I’d have to say loose blushes. I only have one in my collection and it’s the Bare Minerals Mineral Blush in First Rose (this shade came in a set and is no longer available). While this particular shade is beautiful (it’s the only reason I haven’t gotten rid of it) I can’t seem to get the hang of it. I either get too much or too little on my brush and they’re so messy.
- Most Expensive: Dior Rosy Glow Blush. This one looks super intimidating and neon in the pan but it really gives a beautiful glow. It’s so pretty for spring and summer. I don’t use it often enough but when I do, it always reminds me of how pretty it is.
- Least Expensive: the NYX blushes (old formula) were about $5 and I got this one for $2.50 on sale. So pigmented and great quality. Most of their new blushes have gone up in price but this was the least expensive in my collection. Wet N Wild also has some awesome, inexpensive blushes.
This was so much fun! I was reminded of how many amazing things I have in my collection. I tag all of you to do this tag! I’d love to see what you choose!